What are the gifts of the Holy Spirit received at Confirmation?
• WISDOM: With the gift of wisdom, we see God at work in our lives and in the world.
• Understanding: In understanding, we comprehend how we need to live as a follower of Christ. A person with understanding is not confused by all the conflicting messages in our culture about the right way to live.
• COUNSEL (Right Judgment): With the gift of counsel/right judgment, we know the difference between right and wrong, and we choose to do what is right.
• FORTITUDE (Courage): With the gift of fortitude/courage, we overcome our fear and are willing to take risks as a follower of Jesus Christ.
• KNOWLEDGE: With the gift of knowledge, we understand the meaning of God. The gift of knowledge is more than an accumulation of facts.
• PIETY (Reverence): With the gift of reverence, sometimes called piety, we have a deep sense of respect for God and the church. A person with reverence recognizes our total reliance on God and comes before God with humility, trust, and love.
• FEAR OF THE LORD (Wonder and Awe): With the gift of fear of the Lord we are aware of the glory and majesty of God. A person with wonder and awe knows that God is the perfection of all we desire: perfect knowledge, perfect goodness, perfect power, and perfect love.